Recently while trying to flash custom ROM on my phone I came to a dead end with my phone not responding to me at all. I tried to follow online guides but they were complicated as one said one thing and second said NOT to do that. Luckily, I was able to get my phone back to life, so I decided to write an easy to understand, step by step guide to get dead(partially dead actually) phone back to life.
So, if your phone isn’t booting in normal and recovery mode(Volume down + Home + Power) at all, or shows weird colors on screen, then you should say you got your phone bricked. To make sure this guide will work for your bricked LG Optimus One/P500, try to boot in Emergency Mode. To do this, press Power button, Volume UP & Back button at same time while phone is off. If you see a yellow screen with “Emergency Mode!!!”, then you can continue. Otherwise, well… Sorry!
Download these files:
The KDZ Updater:
The KDZ File with information about ROM. This is link to Stock 2.2.2 Froyo KDZ file:
- After downloaded, unzip KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip and run msxml.msi .
- Follow onscreen instructions for installation.
- After installation, connect your phone via USB to your PC while in emergency mode.
- Run the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe and select the following options:
- Type: CDMA or 3GQCT, depending on your connection type. I chose CDMA.
- Phone Mode: CS_EMERGENCY. This means that your phone is bricked and is in emergency mode. The other two options are for live phones.
- KDZ File: Click browse and select the V10E_00.kdz file you downloaded above.
- Click on ‘Launch software update’, and wait till the process completes. You may feel that its not doing anything, but it actually is. It will show advancements slowly and you must not stop it.
- Sit back, pray to god that you device works (optional).
- The phone will restart in this process. Wait some more, dont do anything.
When you see ‘===FINISHED===’ in message box, you’re done. Disconnect and reboot the phone to see it working again. You will not have anything left on your phone, like apps, messages and even phone numbers. Also, if your phone was rooted, it will unroot.
I hope this guide worked for you and has no mistakes in it. Thanks.